DiGITAL FIST COMICS

DiGITAL FIST COMICS

Professional Works

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Voyage of the ARGonauts: Sticks and Stones

The Voyage continues, loyal ARGonauts! Today's adventure brings you the first venture in texturing the pieces of Project: A.R.Go!
The preliminary task was to just come up with a set of metal-ish textures. My initial design was a galvanized metal, with a goldish tint to it. Once I got the swatches applied, immediately I felt that it looked to worn and outdated; hardly something a shadow cabinet group like the Messengers would have and maintain for inter-spatial/dimensional travel. As Art Director for the ARG, I had to put the halt on any more textures in this fashion. To add insult to injury, our fearless leader took one look at the textures and thought they were stone! Needless to say, my first pass was less than exciting...
Back to 3ds Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment