DiGITAL FIST COMICS

DiGITAL FIST COMICS

Professional Works

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Killdove: Re-Opening Old Wounds


Welcome back, true believers!

Today, on the eve of July 4th, I've re-completed the first page of the Killdove pitch.

The original page featured a detective and officer at the scene of a gruesome crime. Staged in a dank bar, most of the interiors were pitch black, save for light pouring in from windows and the door.

At first, I just wanted to get a general idea for the page, getting all the line art done. But as time went on, something was bothering me about the whole thing. And then it hit me. It was flat, lifeless. I never applied the amount of graytone and lighting that I added to the other pages, so it didn't fit with the other pages.

After experimenting with blurs and layers, I've achieved (at least I think so) a finished page.


No comments:

Post a Comment